Love, your baby girl.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Underestimated...

Well, my dear friends.....
If the March Madness, well...madness, hasent taught you anything....you need to watch the tapes.

Dictionary.com defines the word underestimate as being, "To make too low an estimate of the quantity, degree, or worth of." LSU definitely has been understimated in the past couple of days. Duke and Texas were both taught the consequences of underestimation. Yes, folks, I was definitely rooting for the Tigers. They beat A&M and in turn, I want them to go all the way. AND THEY COULD GO ALL THE WAY!!

Don't we all have an abnormal tendency to underestimate a lot of things in our lives? I know I have... and most of the times it isn't a great feeling.

To many times, I underestimated God's plan. When people you love die, its hard not to. I was looking through the West Houston Church of Christ Directory and I turned to the page that had a picture of our dear sister, Belinda Smith...



For those of you who did not have the honor of knowing her, Belinda was the kind of person that made the world a better place. No one was too insignificant for Belinda and we knew that. Some of us in the youth group leaned on Belinda for emotional and spritual support, knowing her from the days she taught us in kindergarten and grade school Bible class. She was always interested in peoples' lives and always wanted to help. Even if you didn't know her well, you could have stepped into the auditorium of West Houston Church of Christ and know how many lives she affected by the fullness of the room. Chairs had to be added to the nornal pews that served to be enough for Sunday morning worship.

I admit that I definitely underestimated God's plan when He allowed Belinda's body to give into the cancer it had been fighting for years. I didn't know how such and influential life could be taken so easily. Why would God want to take someone who did so much to further His kingdom?

Underestimation is something I learned in the months after her death, that should not be partaken in. I no longer allow mysself to underestimate anything. Especially God and His plan. So many faces I saw at that funeral have shown up every Sunday to West Houston. Faces I do not believe I would have seen if things have been different. But most important to me, out of my struggle with Belinda's death...one of my friends became something so much greater. Karla Lowery was there at church since I was around 5ish. I knew who she was. Most of the people who read this blog know who she is as well, and truthfully---if you are anywhere when she is singing. You know who she is. When I was eight dur to weird scheduling in double worships, I sat with Kerry and Karla Lowery every Sunday morning. But after that funeral, Karla took me deeper into her heart and I never really looked back.

God gave me Karla and because of all that I have gained through our relationship, I have never underestimated again. I have been cared for emotionally, spiritually, and physically by the person God chose to put in my life when He wanted to take another one....

Why do we find it so easy to underestimate? Even to the point, where most times we do not even realize we are doing it. I did not know I was underestimating God. I think if I knew I thought I was...I would have made it a point to stop. But I didn't even know. But, I was and fortunently we have a God that will point out our weaknesses and do His best to help us through them.

So, friends, whether it be a sports team, a person, or God, Do not underestimate. The effects seem to always be negative and the feeling you have when you walk away is not a good one.

Blessing to you all this week!
posted by Sarah Megan at 5:20 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment