Love, your baby girl.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

boom, bang, CRASH

Well, last night my Daddy and I watched the movie of the year. It won an Oscar. What did it win it for...the most curse words? No, but really, the underlying plot, etc was very good. I just dont understand the POINTLESS usage of the F word. To me, it makes people just sound so ignorant that they cant think of any better words to use to express anger. The movie was well put together and I enjoyed it besides the cursing. Definitely shows that racism is not bound to just whites against blacks. Thats what we all think of when we think of racism, right? But, this movie showed otherwise. There was an ALLSTAR cast that consisted of...Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Ludacris, Ryan Phillipe, Don Cheadle (Hotel Rwanda), Matt Dillon, Jennifer Esposito (from the new WB show, Realated), Tony Danza...and so many more. If there were any more stars in this movie, it would be too hard to even concentrate on whats going on.

Anywho, those are my thoughts about the movie of the year. I like the plot, actors, etc. But the language may be just enough to turn me running from it.

So, on a totally different subject...does your family eat a lot of bacon? I found out today that my family eats a huge amount of bacon compared to other people. Pigs in a blanket, backon grease in beans, bacon on meatloaf, bacon on scalloped potatoes, bacon bits on baked potatoes and salads, bacon is brussel sprouts and broccoli. Hmmmm, I guess it does sound like a lot when you think about it, but other than the salads, we dont do it on a nightly basis. But in order to use that much bacon, someonbe has to cook, right? Seems to me that cooking is getting to be something from the past for most. Why is that? People say they are busy and on different schedules and that may be true. But...when my daddy was coaching junior high football, my brother was playing HS football and running track, and I was playing volleyball 9 or 10 months of the year, we always ate dinner together. Anyone who knew us well when we were still living at home would stand up for that fact. We may have been sitting down at the table at 8 at night, but there wasa always a cooked meal and we always ate it together. That is important to me and to see things going in a complete opposite direction makes me hurt for children who cant remember home cooked meals. That has to be one of my favorite things about my family. Something I will always remember and something I will make a point to do in my parenthood.

That is all for tonight. Happy Easter to you tomorrow!
posted by Sarah Megan at 8:25 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment