Love, your baby girl.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Lessons Learned

So, as I mentioned this morning, I went to the "Women of Faith" thing on Saturday. It was so good. I don't even know how to explain it. It hit me on so many different levels, like so much cannot. I cried, I laughed, I felt TRUE joy. It was amazing. Good worship, good speakers, Avalon was there and did AMAZING. I just loved it and I cannot wait to go back in September 2007 (sounds SO far away).

So many things said were very touching. We did Song of Solomon during one session and well, Im still one of the youngest participants in this convention, I think. So lets just say that whole part was reared more toward the older women...so that was definitely a little uncomfortable. Haha, but still good.

One of the speakers, Pasty Clairmont spoke about "Moving". It was literally the best all around message I heard yesterday. In my life, I know in the past, I have expected God to move to ME. But, I learned this weekend that I need to move from where I am in my life to where God is leading me. I put too much of the responsibility on God. And although He will do what we need done, I need to accept the plan and meet HIM. "Ggod will knock on our door, but He is a gentleman and will not bust down the door. He will wait for US to open the door and recieve his love and grace."

But, in the MANY hardships I have experienced in the past year, I should have been asking myself, "Do I REALLY want to be well?" I found myself too many times basking in my own sorrow and anger. I wanted to stay there. I didn't WANT to get better. There is no way that God can help us if we do not want the help. We must let Him in....when I learned that earlier this year, barriers seemed to come down and my life seemed to get on track. Now, I don't promise people that will happen to them when they let down all the walls. But, it did happen to me and it was definitely a wake up call. God provides as long as we LET God provide. Sometimes we may be stuck in the place we are because we are unwilling to move to where God has provided a better life.

"Strike my heart with Thy Word, O Lord."
posted by Sarah Megan at 7:47 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment