Love, your baby girl.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

One of my dreams

Okay, so my xanga readers know this dream. So do my myspace friends. So I figure I should let you guys in on it too.

I was listening to the new song, "Orphans of God" by Avalon. Which is amazing, you should find a way to listen to it soon! Here are they lyrics

"Who here among us has not been broken
Who here among us is without guilt or pain
So oft’ abandoned by our transgressions
If such a thing as grace exists
Then grace was made for lives like this

There are no strangers
There are no outcasts
There are no orphans of God
So many fallen, but hallelujah
There are no orphans of God

Come ye unwanted and find affection
Come all ye weary, come and lay down your head
Come ye unworthy, you are my brother
If such a thing as grace exists
Then grace was made for lives like this

O blessed Father, look down upon us
We are Your children, we need Your love
We run before Your throne of mercy
And seek Your face to rise above"

Okay, so anyways. I guess I have had this dream for a couple of years now. I guess there are many things that concreted this dream. The African Children's choir, the pictures of African orphans who are starving and dirty, the joy on the high school basketball coach and his wife's faces as they look at their daughters. Have you guessed it yet? Yes, friends...I want to adopt an orphan from Africa when I grow up. I want this child to know that there will always be food on the table a meal times. I want to introduce him/her to Christ and reinforce their faith day to day. I want to love on those kids more than they have ever been loved in their lives. I want to encourage him or her to be a doctor, lawyer, teacher, nurse...whatever they want to be. I long to have pictures on my wall of my healthy, energetic, happy adopted child. I don't want to sound like I am doubting God's plan for these kids, but it is extremely hard to try to understand God's plan for these kids when you see pictures of them too skinny and dirty on the side of the street. Maybe they are suppose to save their nation, maybe they are suffering to become stronger. But, when you are eye to eye with a child like that...I dont think anyone can stop their heart from melting.

There has never been a week that I have not thought about what I want to do later in life. I want a child of my own and I want to bring a child away from poverty to a land of opprotunities and I want them both to know that their mommy and daddy love them equally and want both of them to reach their full potential intellectually, spiritually, anmd emotionally.

Well, now you know one of my greatest dreams
posted by Sarah Megan at 9:20 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment