Love, your baby girl.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

So, I drove up to College Station today to go to a concert. I thought I was just going to see this one guy perform. His name is Aaron Watson and he is a friend of my uncle's family. So, really, I was just going to hang out with my cousins who I usually just see twice a year at Thankgiving and Christmas. Because although I still listen to a little bit of it, I am definitely over my Texas Country obsession. Plus, the more recent the Texas Country music, the more inappropriate it seems to be. So reallly I only listen to the old stuff.

Anyways, we get to this big empty land and guess what we walked in to? I swear, it was like the Woodstock of Texas Country Music. I have never seen so many people in one spot. Luckily, we had backstage passes since my cousins are so tight with Aaron. But, as we sat behind the stage and listened to the concert (so we didnt have to go out with all the college ddrunks)...we sat right in the line of where the Cops brought the people they were disciplining. I think everyone needs to say a little prayer for these kids. I mean, there were girls there that looked younger than me that could barely stand up. It was sad. I wanted to cry. Where are these kids parents when they are out doing this? Do they not ask their children where they are going? Im so confused. It was a good concert. Robert Earl Keen (Father of Counrty Music), Pat Green, Aaron Watson, Cross Canadian Ragweed. And I got lucky and most of them sang a lot of their old stuff...which made it more enjoyable for me.

But anyways, 4 hours later, I am still thinking about those poor kids that will spend the night in a holding cell or will have a premanent record now. Im thankful that I do not feel as though I have to drink to be acceppted.

Basically, that is all for today. Im excited because West Houston's first preacher will be at church tomorrow...YES KURT PICKER :)
posted by Sarah Megan at 8:35 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment