Love, your baby girl.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Changes....

Well, at the end of this week...there will be many many changes. My head is spinning around out of control. My best friend will graduate on Saturday at 7:30. She will leave Texas for good on Sunday afternoon. Well, at least for the next four years. We have been inseperable for the past year and a half. If I was in town for college...anywhere Julya was---I was. Anywhere I was---Julya was. It is definitely going to be hard these next few years. A girl without her best friend close to her---yikes. Haha, but I have tons of faith that the Lord put us together for a reason and I do not fear the continuation of our friendship. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, right?

The Schlueter family is the strongest family I have met. I have learned to appreciate that this week. The buried a son four years ago and now they buried a father. Both great men....but they remain strong in the Lord. I have never been in as awe of anyone as I am of Phyllis Schlueter right now. Her oldest son and her husband are gone and she remains composed and is the exact same person as when I saw her Spring Break. She is an amazing person. But, please continue to pray for them...as the healing of losing a loved one will take so much more time.

It seems that so many people in the West Houston Church of Christ Youth Group and College group are splitting to so many parts of the United States. Two nights ago, five of us decided to go and play frisbee in the church parking lot. When it got to be about 11:30 we got tired and just layed in the parking lot and watched the stars (well,as much as you can in Texas with the church parking lot lights on). And we realized all five of us will be in different states this summer. Please pray for these people...

Julya Bentley: My best friend who is going to live with her family in Kansas for the summer after a senior year without them.

Paul Schlueter: Who is going to be a camp counselor in Michigan. Pray that he will be able to call and talk when he is feeling the sadness of losing his father so recently. And that there will be people up there who are able to support him emotionally and spiritually.

Coulter Goodman: Who is going to live with his family in Iowa after a senior year in HS without them. He is also going to be an intern at his family's church there. Pray that he will be able to strengthen the kids there in their walks.

Kelsey Confer: Not really sure if she will be in Texas or Georgia, with her family. But pray for help with that decision she is currently making.


Thats it for now...have great weeks!!!

16 DAYS TIL I GET INTO PORTLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted by Sarah Megan at 9:27 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment