Love, your baby girl.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I love PSP. I can already tell that I am going to want to come back next year. We'll see how that goes later in the year, but in the back of my head---it is my yearning.

I have 1st graders, sweet...sweet first graders. Old enough to be somewhat independent at a day camp, but just young enough to want to be around you all the time. I love them a lot.

I can tell I will learn a lot this summer. I have so many people to learn from.

1. I have the Lowerys, I mean obviously. I have been learning a lot from Karla for the past 11 years and some from Kerry too. Ive already learned a lot since I have been here and I love it. They are amazing people and I am so happy in the choice that I made to stay here at their house instead of at the college. I have stress free nights with no expectations...I can go to sleep at 9 or I can go to sleep at 1. And I know I am safe and taken care of.

2. The staff of PSP. Mostly due to their leadership with kids. The way these people deal with these kids. Its amazing. Giving me a little insight to what teaching will be like for me in the future. How I can give the kids more power in their choices, instead of just choosing for them.

3. The PUMP kids. These kids would probably give me their heart out of their chest and trust me to reattach it for them, correctly. I dont think I have felt as much compassion as i do to these kids.....I mean, I have been here three Sundays, and every single one I have had a child in my lap during "service". First Sunday, it was Malachi (Malli), then it was Kezia, and then the next Sunday it was Miss Michal. All girls are sweet and amazing. And Catilin (seen below) loves to sit with her mommy during service, but is a leach at other times. But, I wouldnt trade it for the world.

4. Most importantly, I have opened myself to be taught by the Lord this summer. I am here for a reason. I know I am....God wanted me here and I will be open to lessons no matter how tired I am and no matter how long the days get...I will be open to His lessons.


For you West Houston people, PUMP is definitely a different kind of church than what we are use to. In many ways, I like PUMP more than West Houston. I love the fact that kid's are the focus of the activities. I like the fact that you are so close during service that you HAVE to get to know the person next to you. I do miss the "old school" singing of West Houston, but we did a kinda Circle Of Love on Wednesday night...something amazing to hear my two favorite voices sing the songs that tug at my heart strings.

I miss home. I will not lie. If you are reading this and you are from Houston, odds are that I miss you a lot.

I am going to try my darndest to keep this thing updated!!!
posted by Sarah Megan at 8:57 PM

1 Comments:

Hey, You are doing a great job! Maybe you will also start to love recycling while you are here too!
Blogger brenda, at 9:20 AM  

Add a comment