Love, your baby girl.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

My yellow rubber band

I have learned so many things since I have been here. I have tried new things that I never thought I would. But one of the most important lessons, has not been fully learned right now. It is the lesson of flexibility (time wise, not physically)

I guess this lesson could apply to the kids, but mostly right now, it is applied to the way I spend my free time here.

I LOVE knowing what I am going to do. It doesnt necessarily have to be like scheduled out, but I like to know what and WHERE I will be sometime throughout the day. Let me tell you what, that is just not how the interns work here. We tend to just go by the wings of our pants and most times, I am not comfortable with that. I mean, i dont stress, and I dont fear...I just really dont know how to explain what I feel, I just dont like it....

On Tuesday afternoon, all interns were just chilling at our house and knew we wanted to eat and watch fireworks. But no one would say anything about where to eat or where to watch fireworks, or when all of this was going to take place.....so while I was talking to Karla about it in the study (Freaks and Geeks is just not a show I would prefer to watch a second time...so I didnt stay in there the whole time) I got a yellow rubber band flicked at me. When i questioned the intentions of that flick, I got the answer..."this is going to help us to be flexible".

I knew Karla was not the most flexible person, she likes to havev things planned. And until this summer, I never realized how bad about flexibility I really am. So the lesson I am going to work on this summer is to relax and go with the flow. Karla and my matching yellow rubber bands will hopefully keep us both on track :)
posted by Sarah Megan at 5:35 PM

2 Comments:

It was apparent at the team building retreat that your group has a lot of talkers, people who love to explore the options, but not a lot of people willing to take a strong lead. That can be tough, I'm sure for those of you who desire plans. Maybe this is your chance to also grow in leadership. Bless you as you grow in flexibility this summer!
Blogger Kristi, at 10:08 AM  
I am glad you are finding ways to help you change and embracing the idea that you will grow and change this summer--because you will!!

you're doing awesome, Sarah! I am so glad you are here!!

casey
:)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 AM  

Add a comment