Love, your baby girl.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Will I want to leave here?

That is the question that keeps running through my mind. Five weeks ago, I could never really have seen myself asking this question. But, I love it here. I love Portland and Im not sure I am going to want to leave in 5 weeks.

Dont get me wrong, I totally miss my family. I want to go home, but I dont see myself there in the long run. Houston just doesnt really seem to fit me. True, Portland may not be the place either, but I like it here. It just seems to me that I fit here. My arm of a puzzle piece fits into the notch that is Portland. Sometimes I think, well its because Karla and Kerry are here. I know they may not be here forever. And when they told me stuff about contracts and all (which obviously, like any contract is able to be renewed, shortened, etc.) I got excited about the fact that they could actually end up in Texas again. But the longer I am here, the more I realize that I would move here even if they were back in Texas.

There is just so much to do here. I swear there is like 4 different downtowns. Its ridiculous. The people here are definitely nicer than people in Houston. Which is weird because, a lot of people say that Texans are nice, but Ive lived there my whole life and I have run into so many more cheerful people here.

PUMP is here. Something that I was not so sure I would be able to fall into so fast. But, sometimes kids help you do what you think is the impossible. I know it will be devestating for me to leave PUMP kids at the end of the summer. The smiles on their faces and how you pretty much always end up having one in your lap during Sunday morning church. It is something I know I will miss while I am back in Texas.

Obviously, while they are still here...I will miss the Lowery's when I am in Texas. They are amazing people. I admit...pedistals (sp?) were in place before I came here. And now, after conversations and just time together, I realize more than ever that they are people just like me. They had problems just like I ave been going through, and their lives are definitely not picture perfect. But, I also see the way they look at eachother and the way they make the best out of everything that they do and it inspires me. Sometimes it reminds me of my parents, and always it reminds me of how I want to be married and be just like my parents and the Lowerys.

I am excited about seeing my family and then going to ACU, but Im even more excited about hopefully coming to visit in December and then coming back next summer to be with the people I love in Portland...
posted by Sarah Megan at 10:03 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment