Love, your baby girl.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I miss PUMP

Well, it was bound to happen. My first Sunday away from PUMP.

I didnt like it. I mean, I didnt hate it, but I definitely didnt enjoy it. As I sit here and eat a Gogurt, the PUMP Sunday morning food of choice, I reflect on all i was brought up on.


I guess I never realized that West Houston is truly different...

First off, I had to throw away my half filled Starbucks drink, just to get into class. Is this like a right of passage? No, it is protecting the newly finished carpeting in the auditorium

As I sat there in a nice skirt high heeled shoes, nice jewelry...I realized, this is expected here. At PUMP, I did it because I just wasent there long enough to get out of the habit of "Sunday Dress". At West Houston, all I was decked out in today is expected of me.

Worship was good, but yet, it always was for me at West Houston. There is just something about having close to 1000 people singing the same song acappella. It always makes me smile. Although I do miss looking over and seeing Malachi nd Michal singing their hearts out.

Communion, well, kids dont take communion at WHCOFC....and it is weird, how will they learn if they are not taught? They grow up just knowing that it is something that they grown ups do, and knowing their time will come when they are adults.

The message, also good, but took me about 10 min to change my mind to aceppting an ADULT lesson....haha, oh Ike, how I miss your sermons.

Then it came down to what I had totally forgot about and totally despise. Why do we talk about the church's debt in the service? As we have just built a new building, costing over 14 million dollars, there is bound to be debt. And an elder standing up in front of the congregation inviting the newest members to contribute is definitely not my idea of a, "Welcome to the family"

And for once in like my whole life, I was home from church before noon. I just dont feel the same here. I love the people here, but to me, it is just different now. When I talk to people here it is on such a superficial level.Three of the four people that ever really cared about ME and how I am doing are gone. K&K are now blessing others in Portland, and Belinda passed away on July 17, 2004...wow, two years

I know this was just the start of the long search I have to make in the next semester finding a church in Abilene, but it is just hard going back to a placce that I think I know, and realizing that I never really knew it at all...and that I may not even like it.

I miss PUMP, I miss the worship of under 100 people worshipping, but knowing that they are giving God all they have. I miss hearing the kids come down the stairs during Bible class time...and being able to hear their sweet voices because they are so close, I miss Trinity and the way she forced me to try to make her smile every Sunday...and how it felt like I was trying to start loving her all over again, I miss Cheronn and the way she knew JUST what to say...even if it was nothing, I miss waking up in a house where I know there are two Christian people who love the Lord and love me...and the puppy who would give me sweet, smelly kisses every morning, and I ESPECIALLY miss the fellowship that we always had at lunch in the backyard.
posted by Sarah Megan at 9:52 AM

1 Comments:

Well, we miss you too and we will be happy to see you in September. Enjoy your time at home; school is just around the corner!
Blogger Ike Graul, at 11:04 PM  

Add a comment