Love, your baby girl.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My dissection of "Dear Mr. President"

So, this will definitely be the most controversial thing I have ever posted on here before. And seeing how most people who read this are COC, I have a feeling there may be some upset people when they read my words, but they are just that MY words, how I feel, and so please respect me for that. I would definitely like to hear what you have to think, but I would rather skip out on a comment in all capital letters, with tons of exclamation points, etc.

value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9eDJ3cuXKV4">

So, this is Pink's new song. I found it through a friend on myspace. And let me tell you, it is definitely what I feel about the President. Dont get me wrong, I respect him as a person. And I respect him as the president he was in the past term, but now...Im so ready to move on. Im not one of those crazy political activists, and Im not a die-hard democrat either, shoot, I dont even think I am ANY democrat, I just feel that there could be someone in there doing a better job.

Some of this has to do with the fact that I have parents that are on totally different ends of the political spectrum, it seems. So, when I make my opinions, know that I do have input from both sides...and I thank my parents for that, because it allows me to have my own ideas...and not live with theirs.

["What do you feel when you see all the homeless on the street"]Honestly, there were homeless on the street of generations before, and there will be homeless on the sreet for generations to come. But we all know it has sadly gone up recently. But really, since it seems to be given we will have homeless, I feel bad, but I dont down President Bush for that.

["How can you say, No child is left behind, We're not dumb and we're not blind, They're all sitting in your cells, while you pave the road to hell"] So yeah, my Daddy is a teacher and cannot stand no child left behind. Kids will not grow up with this education plan. Maybe it is different in urban areas, and after spending all summer in such a place, I'll not strongly judge how it is affected them. But, in my neighborhood, kids are just getting babied more than before. And etablishing their own mind has gone right out the window, as well... yucky, this one I could go on for a while, because my Daddy is a teacher and I want to be one too...

["What kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away, And what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay"] Okay, here we go COCers with controversy. This is one of my big thihngs that goes totally against everything that I was raised with in the church. And I pretty sure everyone who reads this (except Cheronn...because I told her) doesnt know that these are my feelings. And one of the most important and influential people of my life reads this, never comments, but I know she read it....and she doesnt know. So, lets start of with the one that won't make people mad. Just because your child does something wrong, when they are an ADULT, you are going to take their rights away?For some reason, that just doesnt strike me as good parenting. You kids, especiallly when they are adults, have to learn from their own mistakes. They are their own people. Yes, while they are kids it reflects on you, but I definitely didnt judge Bush for what his daighters do. They are grown and make their own choices. Here we go, this makes me nervous to even write this. I am obviously in no way homosexual, but I do have friends that are homosexual/ bisexual. And even though I do not agree with it in a religious aspect, I would not be showing them the love of Jesus to just write them off. And that is who they are. Sometimes I dont think people would CHOOSE to be discriminated against, would you? Thats as fas as I am going to go, because I know I am giving some people a huge shock right now.

["Let me tell you bout hard work, Minimum wage with a baby on the way"]Yikes, that just makes me feel so bad for people like that. Thats all I will say about that, its another thing that has been and probably will continue to be.

["Let me tell you bout hard work,Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away"] Can we pleases get out of there and leave those people alone? I know you have totally seen pictures of little kids and babies that have been blown up and their houses that are not there anymore. And all the AMERICAN men and women that have died. Yeah, there is no contest on that in my heart. Im sure it has to be super difficult to stop it once it has already started, but we could at least try, instead of bombing more...


So, to some, you may have just met me for REAL for the first time. Im sorry if you dont like it, and Im not out loud living and screaming "I DONT LIKE BUSH....BLLLAAAAHHHH" I definitely think he has done some good things, but for some reason, in my heart, the bad outway the good. I have just been raised to have my own mind and not to follow the crowd, that crowed my be church, friends, or family...sometimes it is all three. Im not a Republican hater, Im not a Democrat lover, I dont even know what I am politically myself. I just need to see the candidates, and in America, it always seems to be choosing the less of the two evils.

So, for the rest of this Presidency, this will be all you hear from me about anything. I just saw this video and it definitely struck some cords.
posted by Sarah Megan at 8:36 AM

2 Comments:

I know it must feel very vulnerable to put yourself out there like you have. Although everyone may not agree with your opinions, I am thankful that you are thinking through important spiritual, social, and political issues. Good for you for finding your voice!
Blogger Kristi, at 9:49 PM  
I so agree with EVERYTHING. And not everyone knows that about me, either!
Blogger Deana Nall, at 9:56 PM  

Add a comment