Love, your baby girl.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I remember...

So, most people probably wrote this yesterday, but I was glued to the TV all day watching people's stories about their loved ones. I know I didnt know them, but if noone watches them, they will slowly drift away, and heroes do not deserve to drift away.

Walking to freshman english from volleyball, and being stopped by the booming voice of our associate principal, "Hurry to your next class, we need to make an announcement, get there now!" A weird kind of direction from Mrs Denton, the unanimosly nicest administrator.

Sitting in English class and listening to the story from Mrs Denton...as she tries to hold back the tears. Looking around the class with tears in my eyes wondering, "Who would do this?"

Watching Live TV, seeing the 2nd plane hit. Wanting my Daddy... I just wanted someone to hold me. Not being able to handle the fact that my 6 foot 5 teacher was crying her eyes out. It was real, not a joke, someone was messing with America.

In the bathroom stall, huddled on my phone, something that was definitely against the rules. Dad is taking care of his kids in class, Mom is already in a meeting. I need SOMEONE...I ran to Mrs Dentons office. There was a line to get into the front offic, probably for the phone, but I knew her well and just ran into herr office and cried. "I dont know if I know anybody in that building, my moms family is huge, I could know someone in there" Trying to keep her cool she just held onto me as I finally got in touch with my Mom who told me, she didnt think we knew anyone in there.

Walking with Mrs Denton into a deathly silent cafeteria. Wanting to eat that unhealthy, but amazing, frito pie, but after the first bite, feeling it would not stay down.

Walking into the locker room, right into the dreaded varsity coach, who tried to smile when she told us that practice had been canceclled, we were to go home and spend time with our families.

Sitting in my brother's girlfriend's car and flipping through the radio stations and finding that the only music that was on was a country station and it was American pride songs.

....Realizing that somebody messed with America....and they were going to have to pay.


I will never forget 9.11
posted by Sarah Megan at 6:40 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment