Love, your baby girl.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Random Thoughts from ACU Library

Well, since ACU's new education building is GHETTO and the internet doesnt work, I got out of my technology in teaching class an hour early. So now I am just hanging out in the library doing pointless stuff because I left all my books back in my dorm, which is 4 blocks from campus. So, I sit here in the library next to a woman who types with one finger and may, perhaps, break the keyboard with that one finger.

So, this week I know that I am DEFINITELY here at ACU. I got to where I have wanted to be for the past year. And it feels GOOD.

I went through the whole club rushes, and stuff. It was a little bit disappointing, because I thought I wanted to be in one of the two "popular-big" clubs. And when first invitations for rushes came out, I didnt get one from either one of them. After a few tears, I realized that God was just telling me that the popular choice was not the right choice for me. Deep down inside, I knew that... big group situations (over 200 girls) make me nervous, and since I didnt know anyone here during open rushes, I wasent too social at the large rushes. Then I went to the GATA rush and realized that I was acting like me. And so, my friends, GATA is the club that I will pledge. I am excited to be in a smaller club, with girls who walk up to me on campus and give me a hug and ask me about my day. In the other clubs, they barely even know the other members. I have new good friends, now...and Im excited.

I miss Portland, we all knew it would happen, and I do miss it with pretty much everything I am. I am defintitely keeping my mind open to moving there when I graduate. I have been in constant contact with my education advisor, because I like to have my life options planned out far ahead of time, and we have been talking about what I would have to do to get certified in Oregon. I am very excited, because I miss it so much.

Cheronn and I talk a lot. It makes me happy because I dont have to miss her conversations a lot. But I miss her a TOOOOONNNNNN. But Cheronn, Ike, and Kaelea come in like a week.....EXCITEMENT!!!

I got a package from Emily Wallace today. Let me tell you, friends. Mail makes me feel sooooooooo special and it can make any day 1000 times better. So here is the address, and you can use it if you want :)

Sarah Crowe
ACU Box 26599 (For regular mail)
Abilene Texas 79699

I miss Trin like nobodys buisness. My roommate thought she was my sister because I have pictures of her in my room. Yeah, I would claim her as my sister....EASY!


lovelovelovelove......
posted by Sarah Megan at 12:39 PM

2 Comments:

Can't wait to see you. Are you and Kelly the only interns at ACU this year? We should plan to have lunch or dinner while we are there. We miss you too.


i
Blogger Ike Graul, at 3:36 PM  
I had a similar experience when joining the club life at Harding. You are right - the blessings will be found, even in the disappointment! I don't think I would have ended up with Allan had my wishes worked out - that would have been tragic!!
Blogger Kristi, at 7:26 PM  

Add a comment