Love, your baby girl.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween

So, I remember when i saw a 17 year old girl at Astroworld cowering behind her mother while being chased by one of the Halloweenfest goblins...
Oh dang, that was ME.
Yes, folks, I DO NOT do Halloween, cant remember doing it since my Poppa had a stroke (age 5). If anything I only trick Or Treated, but NOTHING else.
That story? Yes I was 17 years old, six feet tall, and trying to hide behind my 5'6 mother as I bawled my eyes out. The after finding a bench, burying my head in her chest for the remainder of the night.

So why did I become one of those scary people last night? I had to sign up for my club to help out our brother club in their fundraiser (a haunted island).
I dont think I was the scariest of people, because I remembered how scared I was when I went though stuff like that. My ax seemed to scare people enough. I just held onto it and stared at people. Scary enough, but easy enoough to back off if I saw a kid was starting to cry.


Some reactions to out little spook:
(high school boy to his girlfriend) "Keep it real, FOR REAL CASEY"
(Big man responding to my ax): "Its going to be okay, just put down the ax...you dont have to use it...."
(Same man in response to us yelling, "get off our island"): "I pay taxes, this is my island too!!!!"
(Girl in response to the dark room): "Someone is going to jump out at me i know it...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
I hated it. Especially since I was there from 3 in the afternoon until 2am (the NEW 2 am...after time falling back).

Yikes it was no bueno, but Im done now. And you all know how I feel about Halloween....
posted by Sarah Megan at 1:48 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment