Love, your baby girl.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Annual being Thankful Blog

Well, friends....its amazing, but it is already that time of year again. Thanksgiving is SO my favorite holiday. Under usual circumstances, I would be spending Sthursdaay morning til Saturday in Oklahoma with my daddys extended family, but unfortunently, I have to work and will only be there Thursday :(
But Thanksgiving makes me remember things that I am thankful for, which is very important to take time to do when you are an out of control busy college kid....so here we go with some of the numerous blessings that havev become evident or MORE evident in the passt year.

My Parents.

I have always been thankful for my parents, dont get me wrong. But this year has just totally brought out so much for me. Eventhough it was SO far away for SUCH a long time, my parents both allowed me to follow my longing to go away for the summer. Also, they allowed me to follow my dream to come to ACU, instead of A&M, eventhough is adds on 5 more hours of travel time, significant less home trips, and a lot more money. It may be part of the whole growing up thing, but it is becoming so much more obvious to me how much they have actually sacrificed for me. And that they put me first and love me more than anything.

Abilene Christian University
Also, a blessing. At first with all the sress, I had questions as to if this was the right place for me. But now, when I find myself running from friend to friend during the day and emailing teachers with questions, because they dont make me nervous...I feel that I SO belong here. GATA is one of the greatest blessings in my lfe because I have met so many friends here to hang out with, worship with, pray with, and play with :)

My Summer

I mean, really are there any words to say how much my summer blessed me? I have found a place that I love....and there are people there that I also love. This summer changed my life plan in many different ways. I changed my major, after working all summer with elementary kids, I feel that God is leading me to work with them for the rest of my life. Also, I have always wanted to leave Texas...now I found a place I could possibly see myself at for a while after graduation. No matter where I go, I know I want to work with inner city kids. It is definitely one of my new passions...inner city work, that is :)

My new friends

Interns, school friend, PUMP friends. I mean really there are so many. It is probably pretty obvious that one of my closest friends, I met this summer at PUMP. Its awesome to know that someone truly cares about me, my life, and my daily activities. And that I dont feel the need to censor things for. Thanks Cheronn :)

This Little Girl

I know I have said this a lot, but really really really she brought something in me that may not have come out otherwise. I grew up a lot this summer. Thanks to different people and different events...but this child, was definitely the HUGE one. It was weird for me to change roles from the one being mentored to the one doing the mentoring. But I wouldnt change it for the world. Having her run up to me at PSP, sit in my lap at church, and make me laugh so hard my stomach hurt was something I will remember for the rest of my life. Lets just hope she remembers me next summer :)



Pictures
Ummmm, so yeah pictures are definitely a favorite of mine. I overtake them, overprint them, and overhang them. But its great to see smiling faces on my wall everyday. And be able to remember great times through them.


My Struggles
Just because they make me stronger :) I hurt sometimes, I stress sometimes, but I know that through all of those times that God is using them to make me stronger. And I am thankful for the trials that I am going through.



Ummmm those are just a few. Im going to write about a few more before Thanksgiving :)
posted by Sarah Megan at 4:24 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment