Love, your baby girl.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Listen to a Graduate

Well, it was great to watch graduation today. One of my best ACU friends walked across that stage tonight. After graduation, we ended up driving around town and eventually sat in her car, as it was parked right next to mine...and we talked for an hour or so there. And I mean serious talk.

I got to let some things off of my chest without mentioning names or putting blame on anyone....that way there were no assumtions made about anyone, even myself.

Advice I got from lil Miss Anna...we seem to be going through the same things, and what she said made me think, but smile.
There is a thin line between true selfishness and giving everything to others. We need to learn to dance that line and enjoy the advantages of both sides.

We need to stop giving ourselves to others. Not like serving others, but living for others. We both know we came to ACU under the wrong impressions. We both came for the wrong reasons. Don't get me wrong, I now wouldnt trade it for anything in the world, but originally I didnt come here for me. And we too easily let others influence what we think, say, and do. We have madde a pact to live for life, live for God, live a life of our own. I can't wait :)

Maybe we are running away. Neither one of us wants to stay here when we graduate. Unfortunently for her, Anna will be here for at least another semester due to things that are out of her control. But, we want to run...far. To reinvent ourselves as the people we know we need to be. To run from the preconcieved notions that others seem to have gotten from us. I just know, no matter where I go, that I will have to know in my heart there is something there worth running to.

Good conversation, good celebration, good friend, and good love between friends.


6 days til Im home :)

Oh I saw Aimee Jo and Andrew tonight at graduation. Twas' cool :)
posted by Sarah Megan at 11:14 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment