Love, your baby girl.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Babbling Intern

Well, I had my "meeting" with a potential summer intern for PUMP.
I was nervous when I went in. I guess its because I felt like Erica would be a really good intern. Let me explain...Erica and I were in English last semester and talk every wso often this semester, too. Kristi emailed me and told me that she was interested in interning. So Erica and I set up a meeting...that took place today.
With the changes that are happening this summer, I wasent really sure what to tell her, because I didnt want to tell her something that would change. After a talk with Cheronn and an email from Kristi I realized just what I wanted to tell Erica. It went a little something like this...

PSP is amazing. The kids will love you like you have never been loved before. Seeing changes in them from the beginning of the summer to the end of the summer is astonishing. Eventhough we woke up at the crack of dawn to be at work, I never slept through my alarm or even hit the snooze button, because I always looked forward to a new day. Things arent always perfect. Things happen, kids frustrate you...but at the end of the day, and especially at the end of the summer...the difference you know you made makes even those hard days worth it.
Portland is the best city I have ever been in. I little different...I was definitely shocked when I got there. There is so much to do, that even with two days off a week you wont be able to do it all. Seattle is 2 hours away, as is the coast. But, just in Portland, there is so much to keep you busy for the whole summer. The food is great, the fun is great, and the weather is ah-mazing.
Lastly, I explained to her what the PUMP family meant to me. I told her how supported I felt through the whole summer. I also told her what a good support it was, because a chunk of the members actually were interns and know what we are going through the whole summer. I told her about Trinity :) and how much the little ones love on us and adore us. I told her especially how much I matured this summer, through the little ones and through the friendships I had with the "older" members, too. And naturally, I told her that my closest adult friend was made this summer, one that I talk to on almost a daily basis, one that knows everything about my life, one that cares for me and loves me more than I have felt in a really really long time.

...And, my dear friends. Erica is going to finish her application this week and send it in. [sign of relief from me].

I know that I didnt make this happen. This is to you, members of PUMP, helplers of PSP, kids of PSP and PUMP, and most importantly--God. You have all recruited yet another intern.


...thank you all for being you. I cannot wait for this summer. Can anyone speed time?
posted by Sarah Megan at 2:45 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment