Love, your baby girl.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Life That is Mine

Well, like I said in my last post...life has been hectic since I got back to Abilene.

My apartment situation is interesting. I was suppose to be able to move in on August 15th. Not a big deal,I wouldnt even be in Texas then, but the plan was to stop by here on my way home so my mom and aunt could see my apartment. That didn't happen. I received a disheartening message around the 9thish that said we would not be able to move in until August 25th. School started on the 27th. So, I stayed at home and hung around until the 25th when we pulled out of Houston headed toward Abilene. We got to the apartments and there was CHAOS. Long story short---my parents were planning on sleeping in my apartment on Saturday, but I didnt have a mattress, so my apartment complext paid for our hotel room that night. Luckily, I now have a mattress and bed frame, but the rest is still no where to be found. No living room furniture, no kitchen table, and no bedroom stuff. My life is still packed away in my closet, because they requested us not to have stuff spread out so they can get furniture. Lo and behold---I dont have hot water now :'( But, I know eventually it will be nice and since it is fully furnished I will be glad to be the only person that had lived in that place with that furniture.

My classes are awesome. I have GREAT teachers. Im getting to the point that I just have education and bible classes. Its a beautiful thing! I get to do at least 10 hours of observation in a school this semester and I am really, really, really excited!

My car is still in Houston. Right now I am driving my old truck that I had in HS. It isnt my favorite thing in the world, but the wheels turn and the engine works, so really thats all I need.

I started my job yesterday. One of the best things is that my boss is a professor and elementary rep at ACU. She is also one of my good friends' aunts, so I think I am good to go now til the end of school on teaching advice :) Being a courier is fun, too. I'm glad that twice a week I have about a 140 miles drive (round trip) to think and just have me time. Oh, and I get to see the beautiful landscape of west Texas :)

My roommates are awesome and I am really glad that I am living with them. I really like being back here. I like the mass exodus to the gym at 11:00am, I like seeing old friends, I like hanging out just randomly (until hw starts). Its a great school and I am glad I am here.


This is all right now (well that I will share on the internet. Haha)
I hope to talk to ya'll soon....call me :) (the time difference is KILLIN me...i always want to call during PDX work times)

Oh and I have my address:
2702 N. Judge Ely
Apt 1113A
Abilene, Texas 79601

Mail is good. Haha. And I WILL return the favor :)
posted by Sarah Megan at 8:36 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment