Love, your baby girl.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

So life is fun.
I am getting into the groove of my Abilene life, and that is definitely a great thing!
School is fun and eventhough I have been teaching and being around kids for a long time...its awesome to see all the other things I need to learn before I become a real LIVE teacher. Which, of course, I cannot wait for :)
Kristi, you will be proud because when we were talking about ways to praise our children, I definitely went on a tangent (not loud or mean, just matter-of-factly) that I believe we should praise the effort the student has made and not praise the product of their work, because then they will be upset when they don't do such a good job. My teacher thought it was brilliant...so good job, Kristi Cash White :)
I am getting the opprotunity to go home this weekend. I love Abilene and I am definitely not wanting to make this a normal occurance, but it is my Daddy's 54th birthday on Sunday and I want to be home to celebrate it with him. I think it will be a great surprise...since he doesn't know yet :) And I also believe that I will really really really enjoy quality time at one, if not more, high school football games :)

I have come to realize in the past week that I miss my Portland experience more than I thought. Not because of the people.....granted, ya'll are so amazing. But more so, because while at college, I really do not have any opprotunities to hang out with elementary age kids. Kids are a huge part of what makes me smile and I feel like I just havent been as energetic since I have been at school, because I don't really have anyone's energy to feed off of. I am really excited to start observing in my classes (I get to do it in 2!) so I can get into the classroom setting again and get to know some more kids.

Welp, that is all for now!
posted by Sarah Megan at 7:23 AM

1 Comments:

Good work, Sarah! Have you thought about volunteering in a church Sunday or Wednesday class? You probably don't have the space to teach right now, but if you could somewhat regularly be in a class of cute kiddos it might fill that need for you.
Blogger Kristi, at 8:56 AM  

Add a comment