Love, your baby girl.

Friday, November 02, 2007

I have not really even written anything about life on here in a while. It seems that college is pretty repetitive, which is okay with me. Here are a few points of the past few weeks to sum it all up...

1. Work is better this year. I trained the manager and from that experience she has been kind enough to give me the utmost respect this year. It really makes my whole work environment entirely different and a lot less stressful. I do still work what some would consider "a lot" (about 26-28 hours a week). After Thanksgiving it will go up to about 41 a week or so if I choose to work every day. I figure for three weeks I can handle it. All of my tests are over the first two days of testing, which means I can get in some good hours before my parents come on Dec 15th for my cousins wedding.

2. Apartment life is good. Whenever three girls get together, there is bound to be some drama....but we work it out and live among each other just fine :) Out of all my roommate situations, this is definitely the best one. I have become better at the whole domestic thing. I scrub my bathroom every Saturday and straighten my room the same day. Cooking still has not come full steam ahead, but with working and pledging and learning....who has time?

3. Our pledges got in last night. Its cool to have 10 new faces. I definitely have a special place for a few of these sweet sophomores and am really glad they chose GATA.

4. I have got to stop making kids cry. We have been teaching jump rope at a local school for my elementary physical activities class. My class got put with the kindergarten class. My two jump ropers were Madison and Jeremiah. Madison let me call her Maddy after the first day...something she told me she only lets her mom do...it was pretty funny to watch her classmates' reactions when I called her Maddy---you could tell they had not heard it before. Jeremiah is a typical boy and concentrated on being the best boy jump roper in his class. Maddy focused more on me. She learned jump roping by jumping with me in the same rope. Eventually, she got out on her own...and it was a sweet thing to watch her face light up when that rope went under her feet twice without stopping. We went there for 6 days. Today was the last day and it was an event called Jump Rope for Heart. Finally, I had to leave for my Bible class---I didnt want to, but I knew there was a quiz waiting for me and I could not miss it. I walked up to Jeremiah and told him I had to go to class. He gave me a quick hug, said "bye", and jumped back in line to jump rope. I walked over to Maddy and she started bawling and would not let go. I love that I have this effect on kids, really it is a blessing, but it is so hard to see that blessing through those kids' tears. That little girl was the sweetest part of my week these past two weeks and I'll miss her a lot, but I am so thankful for the experience I had.

5. Oh I finally got my car back last week. I dealt with everything myself and after a little glitch in the whole process I felt grown up in the end. I am definitely more confident in myself as an adult than before I went through this. I am really glad my parents put it all in my hands---even though I got quite frustrated at times. Now all I need is a new silver A&M emblem and we are READY TO GO!!!

6.What else? Oh yes----I am flying to Portland on December 28th. I am pretty pumped (no pun intended, but you know...). I have come to really like plane rides and cannot wait for fun at PUMP. Oh and with PUMP people too----and REAL snow doesnt hurt either :)
posted by Sarah Megan at 8:48 PM

1 Comments:

Can't wait to see you!
Blogger Kristi, at 1:49 PM  

Add a comment