Love, your baby girl.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Responsibility

I think I have blogged on this recently, but it seems to be the biggest thing on my mind. When i was growing up, I had responsibilities, but none were every make or break deals. The world wouldnt come off its axis if I didnt clean my room, no one would have emotional breakdowns if I didnt unload this dishwasher. Mom did laundry, Mom cooked, and I didnt work til the Spring Break of my senior year.

I sat down last night after a phone conversation with my boss/second mom/closest friend in Abilene and realized what exactly I have been doing this past semester.
I take being emotional support as being one of my biggest responsibilities. It is definitely not a needed one, but it is one that I took on a couple of months ago and am in no way willing to give up now. Its to the point where I feel needed and every girl likes to feel needed, especially when I'm only 21 years old. It has been a rough road and a few have questioned my loyalty to this situation. But its for the friendship, its for the person who I know will be there for me whenever I need even though she is having a hard time, and it is for the love that I rarely give out. I am here to stay til the end.

Work is a totally different thing. I have somewhat become head manager due to some unforeseen (okay i saw them coming) circumstances. We still have the same manager and she is doing as much as she can, but I have been picking up the pieces for a couple of weeks. At first I was really overwhelmed with all the new responsibility, but now I realize it is just getting me ready for the future. I mean, I graduate in a year and a month... gotta start getting things under control. Im working about 36 or 37 hours a week. It isnt as bad as last year, but it gets busy.

School is good. Like it a lot. Still able to concentrate on it. Taking 15 hours. What else is there to say? I mean, thats a responsibility.

Next semester is going to be good. I will go to school for 18 hours, observe about 70 hours in the semester, and work about 24 hours a week. My boss said she isnt going to let me work that much, but I will be done every day at 6....just like I am now....so I'll work that much.



I just make myself laugh when I look at how much I am taking on. Never in HS would I have thought I would be doing as uch as I am now. I dont think anyone who knew me would have imagined it. lol.



Its a good thing, responsibility
posted by Sarah Megan at 6:29 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment