Love, your baby girl.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Well, at least I made it before the one month point.
Life is just busy, folks. School started down here in the south last monday, but for me it started the thursday before that with a lil thing the education department likes to call August Experience. This little experiment puts all the students who will student teach sometime during this school year with a teacher for the two days before school and the first two days of school. You know, the most exhausting times for a teacher :)

I thought I did okay with the two days before school started. But then I ended up at the emergency clinic because I thought I was having a heart attack (seriously). And in Abilene you go to the clinic first because they see you faster than the ER and if you need to go to the ER you go from the clinic in an ambulance and that automatically puts you at the front of the line. Turns out they said it was just inflamation and strained chest muscles, but that it definitely feels like heart problems. Good grief, then the nurse came with the shot and Shelly got to see how I really react to needles, a feat she has only heard about. I'm once again glad she is hear as I sat bawling scared I was aging way too fast.

Then, The first couple of days of school I got left with an emotionally disturbed girl from my class who races toward streets and bangs her head against walls. I only have 17 more hours in this placement...thank the Lord. Tuesday afternoon I ended up at work, in Shelly's office bawling my eyes out and doubting the only life dream I have ever known. Thanks first to a phone call to Daddy and then Kristi Cash White and finally a long sit down and drinks with Shelly I am back on the rise again. I still have small doubts, but I'm sure everyone does when they are in their senior year with real life breathing down their back.


So here we go----19 hours of school, 70 hours of observation, at least 24 hours of work a week, and homework. Its going to be a long semester all about keeping my head above water. And hopefully with no more trips to the clinic....good grief.
posted by Sarah Megan at 6:37 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment